I've known about RSS readers for some time, and although everyone talked about how useful they are, I was always too lazy to get around to uploading my list of 100+ bookmarks into an RSS reader. I thought it would take too much time, be too much hassle. I've been diligently going about my daily routine of visiting bookmarks site by site for years, and I was comfortable with this routine.
Today I had some spare time so I thought I would look around at some RSS readers and maybe upload a few feeds, just to check it out. When I found out how easy it is to add a site feed, I was almost floored. You just click a link in your toolbar, and your RSS reader does the rest for you. It's just as easy as bookmarking. Now I don't have to visit each individual page looking for updates. I can tell what sites have new content with just a quick glance.
I don't know why I was so resistant to change in this area. Although, I didn't sign up for facebook until almost all my other friends had, so I guess I'm just not one of the early-adopters we PR people like to talk about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You gotta love tools that make reading all your favorites that much easier!
Post a Comment