Friday, July 07, 2006

First Post!

Hello family (and friends)! After much harassment, I have finally started my own blog. Now you can keep in touch with me when I go off and have wild crazy adventures in Japan! I'm still learning to use my digital camera, so I will be taking lots of practice shots before I go. Since that's still about a month and a half away I thought I could spend the next few weeks writing about places I want to go / things I want to do.


P.S. I hope you all have japanese fonts on your computers, because my blog name is really quite cute. If you go to View-->Character Encoding -->Auto Detect-->Japanese you should be able to see the Japanese characters.

In case you don't, it's supposed to look like this:



which basically means Candice in Kansai, pronounced "Kansai no Kyandisu". It took me longer to think of a blog name than it did to write this post!

6 comments:

Anne said...

So nice to see that you finally have a blog. I am sure that you will have a great time in Japan. You will have to tell us all the details of how you got the chance to go. Is it as an exchange student? Hugs...Auntie Anne & Uncle Derek

Candice said...

Hi Auntie Anne! Yeah, it's through an exchange program. Someone from Kansai Gaidai will be going to Trent in my place. The whole "I want to go to Japan!!" process will be one of my next posts!

Brenda said...

well Looks like aunti anne beat me to the comment page. Glad to see you here too now. I wont have to keep updating everying on your whereabouts. Im still not sure about the no embarssing comments though. that could be a tough one for me

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you finally have a blog! It will be a great way to keep in touch and share pics with your family back home.

It is going to be an experience of a lifetime! I am sure you will really enjoy yourself. You are such a lucky ducky.

asinforhim said...

Hey Cancice..
That's Awesome That you are going to japan...
I'm suppose to be going to japan next year in april with my boyfriend.. And if Not, Then I['ll be going with My Friend Brandi.. I Can't Wait... This summer, I'm going to california with patrick.. We are going in august!..

anyways, Hope you Have fun... I know you will though because I Mean.. It's JAPAN!!!!... lol!

bye!

MelComeau said...

Well it's about time! I knew you were bound to get one sooner or later...It's something you just get sucked into wether you like it or not!