Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Food!

Food I have learned to like:

1) Tofu. I don't know what kind of tofu they serve in Canada, but the tofu my host mom makes is SO GOOD I ALMOST DIE! She makes it into these little tiny patties that look like a cross between a chicken nugget and a cheeseball. It looks amazing, it tastes amazing, and mostly importantly, the texture is meat-like and not slime-like. I'm going to ask for a recipe.

2) plain white rice. Before, i used to need some kind of sauce or flavour on my rice, and eating it plain was really gross. Now i love it! Every meal consists of a whole bunch of tiny different dishes, and so I consider the rice to be kind of like a go-between. You eat it between bites to "cleanse your pallet". A mouthful of meat followed by a mouthful of rice followed by a mouthful of vegetables. YUM!

3) plain salad. Again, i used to slather my salad with heaps and heaps of salad dressing. But my host mom makes her salad with fresh lettuce right out of the community garden that's behind their house, and the first night she served it with just a few squirts of lemon juice. Oh my god, SO GOOD. Fresh, crisp lettuce, freshly washed, with a bit of lemon juice. Mom, you should try it, I think it's something you would really like. I never thought of using just lemon juice as a salad dressing, but YUM.

4) melon soda. They have MELON FLAVOURED POP in japan! Melon Soda is EVERYWHERE and it's the best drink EVER. It doesn't really taste like melon, which i think might be kinda sketchy, but it's more like a cream soda. So Good.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Guess what Candice, I do sometimes just put lemon juice and little bit of pepper, sometimes it's just oil and vinegar. And I think it's more the fact that someone else is making the food that makes it taste so good, but Im glad your host mom is feeding you well and taking good care of you. I hope she is squishy, I know you like that for hugging.

New MrsIngram said...

Squishy hugs are the best .. you are so right. That comment was so funny though.

Anne said...

glad to see that you are having so much fun. Keep up with the blogging, we all look forward to your posts.

Anonymous said...

ooh candice is eating normal! wooooot!