It's almost time! I've only got about 40 hours left in Canada! I keep on switching between "Oh my god YAY so excited!" and "Nonono I don't wanna!!" I'm totally going to break down in tears the second I get on the place.
I'm very lucky the school has set me up with a speaking partner. I've been emailing my new friend Azusa for the past few weeks, and we've already planned lots of stuff to do! Going shopping in Osaka, visiting her hometown for a "Mikoshi" festival, going on a sightseeing tour of Kyoto. She's already invited me to join the club her and her friends are in. Get this. It’s a sports club. They play volleyball. Imagine ME actually doing sports VOLUNTARILY! But I'm going there to experience new things, so I might as well take the plunge, and try out this thing called "physical activity".
I'm only worried about living in dorms for the first week of orientation. I'll have to be all personable and outgoing and friendly 24/7, and I'll have to go lots of places and do stuff with lots of people. Ugh. I'd much rather be anti-social. But at least I acknowledge that fact. It's not a problem when I'm one-on-one with someone, or even in small groups, but to have to be in a big group of strangers and try to make small talk and get to know each other. >.<>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're so excited for you Candice! I can't believe there's actually an anti-social person family in the MacAulay Clan! Ha ha! Most of the clan seem to like to be the center of attention at some point or other. Have a safe journey! Can't wait to hear all about Japan!
Post a Comment