Monday, August 28, 2006

first day in japan

So I'm in Japan! The dorm I'm staying in for now has a computer lab. When i move in with my host family, they should have the internet.

30 hours of travelling really sucked. Then when I got to the dorms, we had to wander around Hirakata looking for a convenience store to get food, because we're not allowed to use the kitchen this week. Arg.

All in all everything is good. I'm doing a few orientation sessions today, but after that my day is pretty free. I'm going to shop around a bit, and find my way around. I'll update as often as I can!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Glad to see that you made it safe and sound. I agree that it must suck get there after not eating all day and to find that there is no food. Keep us posted on how the seminars were and other stuff.

Anonymous said...

im glad you posted saying you made. heather, josie and i have been thinking about you. we might send you a big comunal email this weekend to update you!

have fun, dont get lost, be safe and meet a hot japanese boy!

Anonymous said...

CANDICE im glad you successfully made it through 30 hours of travelling!!! you are sooo far away now...

me and jen agree that we all should send you a ginormous communal email every weekend to keep you updated on the festivities of peterborough! so BE PREPARED!!!!!

like jen said, dont get lost on your wanderings! and also meet a hot, but NON-SKETCHY janapese boy.

have fun today!!!

love your heterosexual life partner, HEATHER!

Anonymous said...

CNADICE! i am so happy you made it ok and are having fun thus far! yaya for communal weekend updates.... naturally they will make you laugh and will be highly amusing.... have fun wander, explore and make out with hot asian boys! xoxox juicy

Lesley said...

Well that was confusing for a moment, at first I thought Jen was our Aunt Jen and Heather was my sister Heather...but it wasn't...

I'm glad you made it there safely.I could barely make it through a couple short flights from Halifax to Calgary, I don't think I'd fare too well with an around the world trip.

Kudos to you Candice!