Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yay for Japanese food!

Hey everyone! Another Japan post!

I am being social!

First things first, NO I am not being anti-social and YES I already have lots of friends. People I met on the plane, people I met in my dorms, and other random people everywhere. So I am doing lots of stuff and keeping busy. We went to a little japanese restaurant, and I had gyoza (meat filled fried dumpling). But these ones were NOT filled with meat, they were filled with CABBAGE. It was still good, just not what I was craving.

Food = Awesome

I am in food HEAVEN. There are vending machines EVERYWHERE! And they all have such weird and awesome drinks. One of the best ones is Coke Melon. COKE MELON! SO GOOD! Everything in the cafeteria is rice and meat and fruit and YUMMY. Also, the food is SO cheap. My lunch's are going to be like 4 or 5 dollars a day, as opposed to 9 or 10 dollars at Trent. I also found out that Kansai Gaidai is GIVING ME MONEY as a lunch stipend! Yay free money!

The seminars were pretty boring, just repeating the same stuff I already know. I'm SO EXCITED about my classes, they seem so interesting.

Also, me and another friend are going to join the Film Club! We watch movies, and talk about movies, and MAKE OUR OWN MOVIES! So you can look forward to that eventually!

I'm taking lots of pictures, but there's no way to upload them. I hope my host family has the internet.

Host Family

I got some information about my host family today. They are both 66 years old, so they are more like grandparents. They have no children (at least none who live with them). The dad is a company worker / salary man, so that means I will probably never see him. The mom is a homemaker, so we can spend a lot of time together alone, which is nice. You all know how much I hate being crowded with tons of people at home. It will be a nice quiet family, which I'm used to. From the directions they gave I think I live VERY far away from the school, but I'll manage.



I think that's about everything. I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so gad you are loving it i miss your crazy ways!!